National Leadership Recruitment
PRSA Leadership Assembly Approved PRSA Nominating Committee Selections.
The Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) Leadership Assembly voted to elect T. Garland Stansell, APR, as chair of the Society for 2020. Stansell, chief communications officer at Children’s Hospital of Alabama, will serve as PRSA’s chair-elect on the National Board of Directors in 2019.
- Treasurer: Ronele Dotson, APR, president, RAD Strategies Inc.
- Secretary: Jo Ann LeSage Nelson, APR, vice president, client services, Pierce Communications
- Director, East Central District: Richard J. Batyko, APR, Fellow PRSA, senior vice president marketing, communications and development, Team NEO, Cleveland, Ohio
- Director, Mid-Atlantic District: Samantha Villegas, APR, president, SaVi PR, South Riding, Virginia
- Director, Northeast District: Jane N. Law, APR, communications manager, New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority, Bedford, New Hampshire
- Director, Western District: Michelle Olson, APR, general manager, Scottsdale office, Fingerpaint, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Ana Toro, APR, Fellow PRSA, program director, ICF, Atlanta, Georgia
- Errol Cockfield, senior vice president for communications, MSNBC, New York, New York
Incumbent Board of Directors returning for 2019:
- Chair: Debra Peterson, APR, vice president, corporate communications, Century Link, Inc.
- Immediate Past Chair: Anthony D’Angelo APR, Fellow PRSA, professor of practice, public relations, Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse, New York
- Joseph Abreu, APR, communications manager, Clerk of the Circuit Court, St. Lucie County
- Amy Coward, APR, Fellow PRSA, vice president, public relations, Palmetto Health Foundation
- Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, chief communications officer, Alyeska Pipeline Service Co.
- Bob “Pritch” Pritchard, APR, Fellow PRSA, instructor and Faculty Adviser, Lindsey+Asp, University of Oklahoma
- Scott Thornburg, APR, senior public relations manager, Sojern
- Kevin Waetke, APR, vice president – strategic communications, National Pork Board